Tuesday 8 March 2011

New "Les Papiers de Pandore" layout and a beautiful gift!!

Hello again my sweet blog friends!

Today I have a new layout to share with you that I did this week-end for Les Papiers de Pandore.
Some of you may remember that I am guest designing for them January - March. I feel very fortunate to get to use the beautiful collection called *Garden Party*.
The owner of LPdP is Julie Blanc. To those of you familiar with her style I can say  that the collection is every bit as chic and stylish as her scrapbook pages!

And I also have something else to share. At the end of February was my birthday. A very special and lovely lady sent me a beautiful  gift of something she created especially for me. This lady is Eila Sandberg. We have become good friends chatting on a couple of challenge sites and she is a very sweet friend to many of you I think!
The gorgeous card she sent me is at the end of this post. Make sure you don't miss it!



This is my layout with *Garden Party*.
The background is built up by using differently punched strips of paper and pretty lengths of lace.
Mostly covered up I grant you ,but still.....







































And here are some close ups of the different hand made flower clusters.



I used a little stickles and paint. The buttons are a must!
The butterflies are made with a Martha Stewart punch.



























The petals are cut from the backing of a packet of Prima flowers. I love the look of the little border made from the rose ribbon.
The hand made flowers are the same kind I used on the Echo Park layout in the previous post. I love them because they are so easy to make.






























Finally a shot in an effort to let you see that the layout is not at all flat. it is all bumpy just the way I like it!
My layouts DO take up a lot of space in the albums though, which can be a problem.....



And now to the piece de resistance.....VOILA....
Look at this gorgeous card that E¤ila sent me. You can imagine I was PRETTY happy!
I was happy because it was so lovely but also because she had made the time and effort.

Thank You so much my friend!!




A couple of close ups so you can really enjoy the beauty of it.






That's it for today folks. This is THE END of a very long post. I hope you are still with me....

Thanks for looking!



7 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that I'm not in macaroon heaven...lol. You're DD has the most beautiful smile. Love the layout, and don't you hate when an idea starts to form but then you end up covering up with all the other ideas that start coming together as you complete you layout. You do a superb job. I love the touch of brightness in the flowers you created with the paper. And the card the Eila made for you is lovely, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så nydelige kort og layouter du lager! Veldig inspirerende å se innom din blog :)
    Du spurte etter 3ndypapir hos meg:
    Du kan finne dem på min epla shop
    http://epla.no/shops/3ndypapir/
    Eller bare sende meg en e-post med ønsker om hvilke ark du vil ha. :)

    Gudrun

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page! So many layers and feminine details, ah! to have a daughter must be grand!
    The card is also lovely! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is so amazing & strange because I have just added Julie to my blog list of "inspirational scrappers" - her layout in The Colour Room this week was absolutely outstanding so I hunted down her blog just a few minutes ago..and then I was thinking - wow, that is beautiful paper1 But alas I don't think it is available even in the States as yet...love all the 3D elements on your layout & that card you were given is truly beautiful too! I hope you are not too stressed out with all your scrapping & other work too & get to have a bit of a rest this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layouts are full of delightful details and your photographs are most wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vilka otroliga detaljer - helt fantastiskt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Der kom jeg inn! Min datamaskin synger på siste verset tror jeg....Men da jeg gikk inn på deg som følger i min blogg så kom bare de bloggene du følger opp, og ikke din egen. Jeg har lagret deg i min sidebar nå! Lekre farger og foto her altså! Jeg holder på med et kurs Colourful Design med Celine Navarro, og en konkurranse som går over 6 uker på CASAkreativ, så rekker ikke mer. Derfor pause fra TCR. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...