Thursday 27 September 2012

It's the Little Moments. "Echo Park For the Record 2" Nook kit.

Just a quick post today. We are nearing the end of the month and I still have a couple of projects left to share that I made with the September kit from "My Scrapbook Nook"

The picture is of Beatrice and Scott, the elderly dog of my sisters back in Norway. They became fast friends and Bea loved to spend time with him.


I felt like trying a different approach to my lo this time, and instead of spending a lot of time distressing , misting and layering this time I went for cutting matching and sewing! 
I made a patchwork quilt out of all the pretty Echo Park Papers.


For embellishments I used many of the stickers off the embellishments sheets that came in the kit. I added some buttons and also the yellow twine from a previous kit.


I hope you like this even if it is a bit different from my usual style :-D ...
Now I have to be off. I am attending a fashion show at the store of one of our customers. 
Should be fun!!

17 comments:

  1. Quilt-y and delicious...love the color combo and really pretty lace.
    Beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patchwork effect looks fantastic, I really like the bright yellow buttons as accents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page - the patchwork on here looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeee the patchwork design and loveeeeeeeeee the buttons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Bente! I adore the patchwork effect with the stitching, & the buttons just set it all off very nicely....all in all, a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bente did you sew all around this layout????????
    WOW if you did amazing work!
    Beautiful layout as always, no matter what you create is beautiful!
    thanks for the inspiration
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello!
    thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. i just noticed you live in sweden. my brother and my sister in law were in sweden this year. they have brought great pics from there.
    your pages are absolutely great.
    it was my first page on my blog.

    greetings from germany
    hope you understand my english
    nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the yellow, blue and browns of this range of paper. I absolutely adore the patchwork effect you created here. Awesome layout Bente.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Så flott denne var Bente!! Nydelig bilde:)
    Veldig lekkert medde fargene du har brukt her - og jeg digger knappene dine:)

    Håper du har en fin helg:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love the quilted background!! Amazing piece!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kjempefin LO i lekre farger. Likte så godt maskinsømmen, det var utrolog fint :)
    Ha en fin helg, klem :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the colors and the patterns here. You did an amazing work with the kit. This is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Bente I just love this! Those squares look fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cool! love the stitched squares, they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the patchwork of all the pretty patterns! sweet framing with the lace too and the buttons, everything is just delightful as is the photo of Bea and her canine friend. He looks so wise and so gentle, no wonder they took to each other. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...