Tuesday 5 March 2013

Scrap For Help March challenge. Inkido 'Beautiful memories'.

For the PaperHaus Spring Fling hop scroll down a couple of posts!!

Hi, I cannot believe how fast time flies!!
 Already nearly a week into the month of March... This month is widely regarded as the beginning of Spring in these parts, and I may say it is a bit hopeful actually. The days are getting longer and the light is returning. It's great!

Today I want to show you what I made for the March challenge at Scrap For Help.



The design team has been using both burlap and gauze so I think that would be ok!

I made this page with the new collection from Inkido called 'Beautiful Memories' a feminine and lovely collection full of pretty elements to fussy cut and combine.


Here are some close ups of some of my details and of the pretty flowers and other embellishments that I have used. I used a Spellbinders die for the circles and some scalloped scissors to cut out the round mat for my photo.


The challenge said to use gauze, and so I did. I cut small square pieces of the fabric and sprayed it with mist. After it dried i pulled loose the threads and made little 'nests' with them. I then added these to different areas of my page as embellishments to compliment the flowers.


This wouldn't be a layout by me unless I added some stiches to it  here and there....
I added some texture to the die cut rounds by going backwards and forwards a few times with the sewing machine over the cardstock.


I fussy cut plenty of pretty butterflies in different sizes and added a tiny blue chrystal to them.
They are flying all over my page at the moment :-)


Here are a few of the pretty papers I used:







That's all for now. Enjoy the rest of your day!! <3
Hugs!

26 comments:

  1. Wow, just love your lay-out! It's a wonderful mix of colourful with a touch of shabby chic. I just love the butterflies flying around on your lay-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning page, Bente..I really love the lighter muted colors with the pops of pink..and the stitching looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO Bente!!! Love it so much. So feminine and shabby chic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how I like your page! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kjempefint Bente,og YOU ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous, Bente! How clever with that gauze!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SOOOO beautiful Bente. I LOVE the circle elements and I LOVE the picture. You have also created an amazing border. Keep it up sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty, love the muslin use and the gorgeous picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! The stitching on the circles looks wonderful!! The papers are so pretty!! beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page, Bente! Divine layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous layout full of pretty detaisl! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this beautiful soft pallette....gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Bente this is just absolutely jaw dropping beautiful! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout Bente - the colors in this layout are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Magnificent work Bente, love all the textures and punched borders!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous page, Bente! Wonderful layers and details!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful page - love your flower clusters and all the textures and borders!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Bente!
    Thanks to visit my blog!
    Your LO is beautiful and romantic. I love the borders!
    Kisses
    Rose - www.roscraplavie.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous page Bente!!! love everything!!!
    hugs my friend! ;)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So appreciate the closies! checking out all the glorious details! yummie yummie! kramkram

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this page. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow I love this page too, congrats on Sketchabilities chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...