Sunday 15 June 2014

'My Beautiful Girl' for Inkido/Sizzix

 Today I have a sweet page to share that I made for both the Sizzix and Inkido design teams. The pictures were taken the other evening at the nearest beach and I decided to convert them to black and white. I love working with black and white photos because they blend in so well with the coloured papers and embellishments. They match with everything!


I primed my 'Beautiful Memories' paper with gesso and a little mist using a stencil as well for added texture.


I cut two large circles using decorative scissors and stitched them to my paper. With a paintbrush I added gesso diluted with water to tone down the background music pattern. It could esily look very busy. I cut and embossed a smaller circle and used it as a mat for my two photos.


I made these gorgeous flowers in two sizes with the Tattered Florals die set that I love. It is just soo good for when you need some flowers to tone in with your papers.


I made my flower clusters tying in a swirly chipboard piece and also a light blue lace ribbon rosette.


I fussy cut some pretty butterflies from a matching patterned paper using the Susan's Garden Tool Kit which has become one of my absolute favourites to use when I craft.
All the tools in the kit are really very useful!


I love the texture added by the sweet handmade blooms made with Inkido papers.
-And being the same collection they are a perfect match!


Here you can see I layered different mediums too.
-Diluted gesso, modeling paste through a stencil and Prima Color Bloom mist.

I used these Sizzix products for my page:
Sizzix Big Shot starter kit (Powder Blue and Teal)
Sizzix Accessories Susan's Garden's Tool Kit
Sizzix Bigz Die, Tattered Florals
Life Made Simple, Sizzix thinlits basic set (I used the small heart)

Patterned papers: Inkido Beautiful Memories, Spring Time
Mini roses: Papirdesign
Lace: Papirdesign
Other flowers Prima, Petaloo

Thanks for visiting and hopefully you'll take some inspiration with you when you leave :-) !
Hugs!






8 comments:

  1. Wow! What's not to love about this lay-out! It's absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk fin! Nydelige farger,og nydelig vakker jente <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and beautiful with the repetition of circles and the gorgeous photos. Love the flower clusters and tiny butterflies. Very special :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous! Your flowers are amazing and such pretty photos too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love the circles and the flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girl. Beautiful layout. Beautiful design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soft and elegant. I love the circles and the flowers. Your daughter is such a natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Bente...this is gorgeous! Again the colouring here is so stunning! You really do the circle designs so well....I love it! Sometimes I struggle with circle pages...think I must come and find some seeds!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...